Safe sex and Hep C, confused..

Was just wondering if condom use during anal sex only was enough to prevent Hepatitis C transmition or do I have to also use them during oral sex to prevent Hep C transmition? I just want to be sure I am understanding this correctly since I contracted Hep-B last year and although I made a full recovery I dont want to repeat that drama again with another form of Hep, Im sure you can appreciate my concerns. Thank you in advance for any advice!

M

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no real data on this issue, but hep C is not transmitted thru pure mucosal exposure, like oral sex as a rule. Anal sex involves trauma and blood to semen contact so that would be the risk. Oral sex is much less risky for hep C but not that much less risky for HIV. Be careful! DTD

Elevated Liver Enzymes
4th try Concerned