Feb 26, 2005
What exactly is Ferritin? This was the first time I ever had that test done it showed me at 634 and the doctor said it means I probably have more fibrosis then she thought. I am a Stage3 Grade 3 with an enlarged spleen. Why would ferritin indicate more damage?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would tell you that the elevated ferritin would simply prompt me to check blood tests for hemochromatosis. Ferritin is a non-specific blood tests which can be elevated in a number of conditions. I would want to get a blood test for hemochromatosis since it is associated with liver disease and may prompt a different treatment plan.You may want to ask if there was evidence of this disease on your biopsy and if that was evaluated at the time.
Orthodontic Concern...need your advice!
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.