Feb 26, 2005
Is 77U/ml ALT blood test result somethng to be concerned with? I had a hep panel test and that came back negative as well as a liver ultrasound which was negative as well? Can you please advise on what steps I should take now?
thank you in advance
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes your level is quite high and needs rapid follow-up. I would pursue further testing for hepatitis A, B, C, hemochromatosis, alpha 1 antitrypsin, ceruloplasmin. If these do not make the diagnosis, then I would pursue a liver biopsy. Let your physician know about any alcohol and medications you are taking - including herbs and over the counter medications.
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Take To Develop?
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.