Feb 26, 2005
I recently gave blood and my ATL was 180 IU/L. I am a 38 year old male and weigh 230. Should I be alarmed and what should I do next?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes I would have further evaluation for sure. You can start with your primary care physician for repeat testing. Elevated liver tests can be related to alcohol, medications, viral hepatitis, other forms of liver disease. In light of your weight, I would also be concerned about steatohepatitis.
You will need further blood tests to determine if the liver function tests are still abnormal, and other blood tests to determine the etiology. At some point your physician should refer you to either a hepatologist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.