ATL Levels

I recently gave blood and my ATL was 180 IU/L. I am a 38 year old male and weigh 230. Should I be alarmed and what should I do next?

Yes I would have further evaluation for sure. You can start with your primary care physician for repeat testing. Elevated liver tests can be related to alcohol, medications, viral hepatitis, other forms of liver disease. In light of your weight, I would also be concerned about steatohepatitis.

You will need further blood tests to determine if the liver function tests are still abnormal, and other blood tests to determine the etiology. At some point your physician should refer you to either a hepatologist.

Dr. McGovern

Chronic HBV or What..?
ALT number?