Feb 26, 2005
I'm trying to figure out what exactly causes Ferritin levels and what it means. The only one I had done was recently and it was 634. I'm a Stage 3 grade 4 from 2 1/2 years ago.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
High ferritin levels have a variety of causes. In the setting of liver disease though, youi should ask your physician if you have had evaluation for the presence of hemochromatosis, a form of liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Will Hpv Virus Make Me Sick?
- Where Are Genital Herpes Sores Located On Women?
- What Short And Long Term Effects Can Gonorrhea Have?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Happens When You Get Shingles In Your Eye?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.