Feb 26, 2005
Can Hep B be cured?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes hepatitis B can be cured.
There are several treatments for hepatitis B and more are on the way.
The possibility of cure is also dependent on the patient. Patients who have higher liver function tests tend to do better on drug that patients who have only slightly abnormal tests, for example.
Any chance for Hepa B to be negative?
- Chest Pain, Fatigue, High Liver Enzymes Acute Hiv
- Does Hiv Cause Vaginal Burning Sensation?
- Does HIV Symptoms Reappear 6 Months After Exposure?
- How Long Can The HIV Virus Survive In The Environment?
- If I Show Symptoms Of HIV Will I Test Positive?
- Open Cut Contact To Blood On Surfaces Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.