Any chance for Hepa B to be negative?

is there still a cure for my hepa B according to the following results? (R-Reactive / NR-Non Reactive)

Jan17,2003=HBsAg "R" Count 1.1230 CutOff 0.066 / AntiHBS "NR" count 0.2050 cuto off 0.55 Feb2,2004=HBsAg "R" count 3.5 cutoff 0.048 / IgM Anti A "NR": count 0.019 cutoff 0.326 / IgM Anti HBc "R": count 0.217 cutoff 0.868 / Anti HBs "N": count 1.0 IU/L cutoff 0-10 IU/L / HBeAg "NR": count 0.005 cutoff 0.053 / Anti HBe "R": count 0.056 cutoff 0.579 Nov2,2004= HBsAg "R": count 3.00 cutoff 0.105 / AntiHBs "NR": count 0.127 cutoff 0.370 / HBeAg "NR":count 0.027 cutoff 0.105 / AntiHBe "R": count 0.605 cutoff 0.970 / Anti HBs "R":count 0.520 cutoff 0.640 / Anti HAV IGM "NR": count 0.330 cutoff 0.810 Jan22,2005- HBsAg "R":count 2.0202 cutoff 0.399 / AntiHbs "NR":count 0.105 cutoff 0.310 / HBeAg "NR": count 0.120 cutoff 0.240 / Anti HBe "R":count 0.405 cutoff 0.715 / Anti HBc "R":count 0.680 cutoff 0.905 / Anti Hav IGM "NR": count 0.553 cutoff 0.740

Feb 5, 2005 i had ultra sound and it says "the liver is not enlarged.The visualized surfaces are smooth in outline.REst of the parenchyma is homogenous. Intrahepatic ducts are not dilated.

Is there still a chance for me to have my results back to normal?? Is this a communicable disease?? In What ways?

my doctor always telling me that there is no cure or is it because i belong in the 3rd world country and medicines here are not updated compared to US and Europe? please tell if there is still a cure for me.

thanks and more power

serenity*

Since you have had testing over time, it is now clear that you are a "carrier" of hepatitis B. However, you have E antibody which is encouraging.

The only way though to really know if you have active viremia or not is to check a Hepatitis B DNA to see if the virus in active in your blood. It would also be helpful to follow your "liver function tests" over time to see if they are persistently normal or abnormal.

Yes the virus is transmissable to others and if you have a steady partner that person should be vaccinated.

Let me know your follow up test results and I can advise you further. There are good treatments for hepatitis B and more are on the way.

Dr. McGovern

treating hiv or hep c which one first
Hep B