|Hep B vaccine, adolescents at risk
Feb 21, 2005
The local health department is initiating HEP B vaccination for adolescents who are incarcerated as part of the health services offered to them. The teens (14-18) are at high risk for HIV. Is Hep B vaccination ok to give someone before you know their HIV status? Also, if someone is HIV+, is the vaccine contraindicated? Thank you!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Giving hepatitis B vaccine to at risk youth is a good idea and there are no risks to giving it to them if they have HIV. Their response to a vaccine might be suboptimal if they do, but it still would be a useful thing to do.
low white blood cells
treating hiv or hep c which one first
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.