low white blood cells

i have hep c and i am taking copegasus. the 5 pills a day and the 1 shot a week. i tested my blood last week. i have been on the copegasus for 3 months now. my concern are the white blood cells. my wbc count is 2.9 and my neutrophils (absolute) count is 1.5. is this because of the copegasus?

Yes - the pegylated interferon part of your treatment (the shot) is causing your white blood cells to decline. This is a common side effect but nothing to worry about. Your physician will follow this carefully and if your counts become very low there are two possible actions: 1) lower the dose of your pegylated interferon or 2) give a growth factor which increases the number of white blood cells in your body. If you have a non-detectable viral load at 12 weeks it may be safe just to decrease the dose of your drug. Dr. McGovern

hepatitis b
Hep B vaccine, adolescents at risk