Hep B Sur AB test results

I'm confused I received my test results back from the blood taken and My results showed HEP B SUR AB for immunity to viral infection of the liver positive. What does this mean?

It could mean one of two things: 1. If you only had hepatitis B surface antibody and the rest of your hepatitis panel (ie. core antibody) is negative, then you probably have had hepatitis B immunization in the past. 2. If you have hepatitis B surface antibody and your core antibody IgG is positive, then you have had past exposure to the virus, but have cleared the infection.

Dr. McGovern

HIV neg but CMV,EBV,HepC
hepatitis b