HIV neg but CMV,EBV,HepC

I have had 3 tests of HIV neg. but have tested positive for EBV,CMV HEPC and HSV My question is the CMV the IGG was high at >15 but IGM o. Did have Rebetron with no luck. Have many health issues, eyes, sores on my body and terrible back pain, joint, and hands and feet. What and where do I go from here? The Docs don't want to seem to deal with it. what kind of Doc to I need? Thanks for your help---cs

Most people have evidence of past exposure to EBV and CMV. These are common childhood infections. HSV is also common in the United States.

As for your HCV infection, if you have not received treatment with a pegylated interferon you may want to discuss this with your provider. However, I would not pursue it until you have a liver biopsy to see if you necessarily need treatment in the first place. Not everyone develops liver disease secondary to hepatitis C. A hepatologist or an infectious disease specialist who is knowledgeable in hepatitis C would be good choices.

Dr. McGovern

blood contact in shower room
Hep B Sur AB test results