|blood contact in shower room
Feb 21, 2005
hello i'm living in a university residence where we use communal shower stalls. i'm suspecting there may be fresh blood on the ground since people do shaving in the shower or there may be mentrual blood. i want to know if i have a broken chapped skin (not bleeding) on my feet is it possible to have contacted hcv if i accidently stepped on fresh blood in the shower stall.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would consider this a very unlikely way to get hepatitis C. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Yeast Infection After Vaginosis
- When You Have Genital Herpes How Often Will I Break Out?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Should I Expect Once I Take An Antibiotic For My Chlamydia?
- What Non Sexual Ways Can Herpes Be Spread?
- What If My Herpes Culture Came Back Negative?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.