infected or not?

dear sir/madam

i am a 17 year old girl n recently became a victim of a possible needlestick injury after consulting the doctor and having a baseline done they informed me that it would be a slim chance of me being infected with any disease as the skin didnt appear to be broken is it true that it is a slim chance i would be infected or are they keeping something from me? please help im terrified

It is true that if the skin does not appear to be broken, then the chance of having a significant exposure is very low.

Of course it is wise to have subsequent testing, it is reassuring that the skin appears intact.

Dr. McGovern

routine blood test
blood contact in shower room