|infected or not?
Feb 21, 2005
i am a 17 year old girl n recently became a victim of a possible needlestick injury after consulting the doctor and having a baseline done they informed me that it would be a slim chance of me being infected with any disease as the skin didnt appear to be broken is it true that it is a slim chance i would be infected or are they keeping something from me? please help im terrified
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is true that if the skin does not appear to be broken, then the chance of having a significant exposure is very low.
Of course it is wise to have subsequent testing, it is reassuring that the skin appears intact.
routine blood test
blood contact in shower room
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
- Can Sperm Contain Hiv And Aids?
- Can You Get Hiv From Blood On A Door Knob?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.