|Hep C from anal w/ bleeding
Feb 21, 2005
I is it likely to have contracted Hep C from anal sex if there was no bleeding?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be uncommonly transmitted through sexual intercourse - but it does occur in 2 to 3 percent of monogamous couples. If this is your only possible exposure, then small tears certainly can occur with anal intercourse that you may have been unaware of.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Be Born With Std?
- My Vagina Hurts And Has A Strange Smell Could It Be A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.