|How accurate is the RIBA
Feb 21, 2005
I was tested through the RIBA method for hep C and have absolutely no idea what would have lead to my contraction of the virus. How often do the RIBA methods have a false positive? Please advise and thanks so much!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The RIBA test is extremely sensitive and specific. If it is positive you have been exposed to hepatitis C in the past. I would pursue testing of HCV RNA at this point to determine if you have any evidence of virus in your blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.