pamela anderson suffers from hep C still

I have been tested 'positive' for hep C and was wondering how often it is curable? If Pamela Anderson has it and is struggling with it, how could another healthy person without all the monetary help be 'cured'? I am so worried, please advise!

Hepatitis C can be "cured" in some people. Overall, more than half do get a "cure". The best way to look at cure rates are to view the rates of sucess based on hepatitis C genotype. If you have genotype one then the chance of cure is about 45 percent. If you have genotype 2 or 3 your chance is about 65 percent or higher.

The best way to look at this, however, is that everyone is an individual. Even if you have a high viral load and genotype one infection, you still may be cured. The only way to know is to go on therapy and check you viral load at 12 weeks. If the response is suboptimal the chance of "cure" is almost zero.

Dr. McGovern

What Should I do?
How accurate is the RIBA