ALT tests

Dear Dr. I am writing in regards to ALT levels. Two years ago I was quite sick and at that stage my ALT levels were 141 and at times a little higher. One year later they were down to 56 but now another year later I have been noticing my liver feels to be getting worse. The last test I had (one year later again) the levels are 64. What I would like to know is what are the limits, is 144 not good and the fact that the levels have increased a sign to be catutious?

Your ALT tells me little about your liver unfortunately.

You need to be tested for different causes of liver disease with the guidance of your physician.

Sometimes a liver biopsy needs to be performed to determine how much damage there is. Dr. McGovern

Very Paranoid..Please
Natural Alternative Treatments