|Do I still have virus?
Feb 21, 2005
I had blood test, and HbsAB and HBcAB are positive, the other three items (HBsAG,HBeAGand HBeAB)are negative.Do I still have virus and can i infect others?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You ask a very good question. The good news is that you were exposed to hepatitis B virus but cleared the infection.
This is evidenced by having core and surface antibodies which are positive.
However, your surface antigen is negative so you are not a chronic carrier of HBV.
You are not infectious to others. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.