what is stage 2 of hepititis c

my husband has just been told he has hepitis c at stage 2 can you tell me what this mean ,he is not a drinker or smoker he is 58 years old,he is having a liver biopsy

Hepatitis C is a chronic viral infection of the liver that leads to liver inflammation and fibrosis. Fibrosis refers to scar tissue within the liver and may be mild (stage 1), moderate (stage 2), severe (stage 3), and very severe cirrhosis (stage 4). One of the reasons that we do liver biopsies for patients with hepatitis C is to see what stage they are at. If he has not yet had a liver biopsy I wonder if he was told that he has genotype 2 virus (blood test). If so, this is a good thing since genotype 2 virus is easier to cure with medication. Let us know if you find out more. Thanks for posting.

Persistent Ringing in the Ears
Very high viral load