2nd Treatment Relapser

I`am a 48yr old male with genotype 2 HCV. I was treated for 6 months with Pegasyus and Copegasyus and it worked, but virus count was 400,000 at 3 month followup.I was then treated for 12 months with the same meds. and at the 3 month follow up my virus count was 5,4000,000 and my liver enzymes elevated out of the normal range. What are my options at this point. Do you recommend a long term maintenance treatment with interferon alone to keep my levels low.What are the side effects of long term interferon use.My virus count was zero and my enzyme levels were normal when I was on the meds. My treating Doctor wished me luck and told me to see him every 6 months for liver cancer screening.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a tough one. Some of this depends on what your biopsy looks like. If you have not had one, then you should. If you really want to get treated, then I would go either one of two ways. You can take double dose peg for 3 months or so and go for 72 weeks with ribavirin of course, or just go regular dose for 18 months. Either way, I think your chances would be higher the next time. Good luck! DTD

plz IM REALLY worried
3rd time I post..worried about Cirrhosis! Please...