Anal sex and Hep C

In response to a recent question, you stated that anal sex was a risk factor for Hep C transmission. I agree w/you, since 2 friends of mine seem to have gotten it that way. However, I have heard of no studies or reports which validate that. The agency, where I work, educates various communities re HIV, HCV and STD transmission. Please send me any research or reports which support your info so we may better inform our community.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There was a report from the UK published recently about the epidemic of sexually transmitted HCV among gay men in London. I am sure you can find it on Medline on the internet. As reports of the spread of rapidly progressing and resistant HIV come to light, HCV is also being transmitted along with syphilis and LGV in the epidemic of unsafe sex. Keep educating! DTD

Liver damage - 2nd try
plz IM REALLY worried