|Liver damage - 2nd try
Feb 15, 2005
Dear Dr. DTD.
Does Plant Stanol Esters have any effects on the liver? I want to take the spreads with this substance to lower the cholesterol level but I just want to make sure that it does not cause any harm to my liver since I am an inactive HBV carrier. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I have never seen any reports of plant sterol esters causing liver damage. Seems like they would be OK for HBV carriers. I would however make sure that your HBV will be staying inactive. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Mouth After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.