|Liver damage - 2nd try
Feb 15, 2005
Dear Dr. DTD.
Does Plant Stanol Esters have any effects on the liver? I want to take the spreads with this substance to lower the cholesterol level but I just want to make sure that it does not cause any harm to my liver since I am an inactive HBV carrier. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I have never seen any reports of plant sterol esters causing liver damage. Seems like they would be OK for HBV carriers. I would however make sure that your HBV will be staying inactive. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Do Shingles Appear On The Body?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does It Means If Someone Have Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
- What Causes False Positive For Syphilis Testing?
- Vinegar To Test For Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.