Time Critical 4th Try I respect your 2nd opinion!

I know that treatment of acute hepatitis C is considered to be in the 80%+ range even with hiv co-infection. I have had a 12 week acute hepatitis panel done and the HIV rapid test and everything was negative. They only ordered Hep C antibody tests no core IGM or RNA. I went to the MD with concerns of a co-infection with hiv. No LIVER FUNCTION TEST! CBC shows wbc 5.4 Lymph in range but bottom of scale. NO SUBSET was ordered, MPV Low out of range 7.0 Mono 10.2. I wanted to get the Hep C RNA and he said I would have to pay for it out of pocket. He thinks I should wait out the six months. I am at 15 weeks now, if I did the RNA and I am positive for Hep C Gen-1 and hiv. What do you think the odds of SVR would be? Do you feel my tests or conclusive? My MD says he is 99.99% positive it is. However, I explained I had all the symptoms of Hep and acute hiv. Please give me some wisdom of what to do next.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sounds like you are fine. I would feel better however if you had liver enzymes and HCV RNA. However it probably depends on your risky behavior. If you engaged in really high risk HCV behavior, like IV or intranasal drug use with a known positive person, I might feel differently. The good news is that treating acute HCV is not 80% it is virtually 100%! DTD

can I be completely cured
Liver damage - 2nd try