|What is Infergen
Feb 7, 2005
You've mentioned in one of your answers that Infergen might work granted other options did not work. I thought there is the Peg Intron and Peg sys in the market. So what is Infergen? How would the differ from the other products.
Thanks again for your help and answers.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Infergen is consensus interferon. It can work when the others don't. Unfortunately, it is not pegylated yet so it is very inconvenient and the side effects are brutal, because to make it work you have to take one shot per day plus ribavirin too. It is not something that I would start with, but it is available for people who have failed peg. DTD
How infectious am I
- Can A Cbc Show Signs Of Hiv?
- Number Of Physicians Contracting Hiv From Patients
- Can You Kiss A Person Who Is Hiv Positive?
- How To Use Gentian Violet To Treat Thrush In Adults?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- How Many People Die From Stds Or Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.