|Legal question re: Rx
Feb 1, 2005
Hello. My husband is co-infected with HIV/HCV. He is on treatment for HIV and started the HCV treatment in June of 2004. We have insurance (thank god) and haven't had any problems with any Rx thus far. However, as of Jan 1, 2005, his Rx plan is no longer covering the Pegasis needed to complete his treament. This decision was made by his employer not the Rx company. Do we have any legal rights here? I want nothing more than for him to finish this Tx. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
You should find out if the insurance is covering the other peg, Peg Intron. If not you should contact both the Pegassist line for Pegasys and the Schering hot line for Peg Intron. They should be able to help you. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.