positive anti-Hbs only (no vaccination)

Happy New Year to all amazing people answering questions at this site!! I live in Europe and have recently got my results. The last sexually dangerous exposure was 4 months ago. hiv I+II neg HbsAg neg Anti-Hbc neg Anti-Hbs 2mlU/ml Anti-Hbe negative

I am not vaccinated, unless they did it when I was asleep. I was told that I was exposed to Hep B virus but I didn't get infected. Do u agree with my doctor's diagnose? I couldn't find sth similar in other threads. How long ago was I exposed? What about future exposures? Am I more/less prone getting Hep B? I must also mention that 5 years ago I had symptoms of acute viral hepatites and I was diagnosed with Hep. A (blood tests). Should I vaccinate for Hep. B? Thank you in advance! Regards, george

You were not exposed to hepatitis B in the past, because all of the patients who have been exposed have a positive core antibody.

Your surface antibody is positive in isolation, although at a very low level. Perhaps when you had the prior bout of hepatitis, someone decided to immunize you with one shot that you don't remember and now your immunity is slightly detectable.

You should be vaccinated against hepatitis B if you have risk factors, such as sex with men, injection drug use, etc.

Dr. McGovern

Hepatitus C Rates
Follow-up to HCV Treatment Stopped