Hepatitus C Rates

I read somewhere that 40 percent of people with HIV also have Hep C. I found this to be alarming. Why such a high total? HIV makes you much more susceptible I would presume.

Also, if both me and my parter do not have Hep C and we are monogomous with each other, am I correct in assuming we will never contract Hep C (neither of us does intravenous drugs, or any drugs for that matter)? We are both HIV + however.

HCV is common in HIV patients because a substantial percentage of patients with HIV have contracted that infection through drug use.

You are right that you are not at risk if you are monogamous and both of you are HCV seronegative and do not use drugs.

Dr. McGovern

Should I be worried
positive anti-Hbs only (no vaccination)