|Should I be worried
Jan 30, 2005
My child's father has just inform me, as of yesterday, that he has hep c. He may also have HIV. We have not had sex in over a year. I have never had any STD's.
1. should I be worried? 2. is hep c transmitted through sex? 3. should I be worried about our son?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be transmitted by sex although uncommonly. HIV is much more easily spread by sex than HCV, although it is not known that he has this infection.
I would simply get tested for both to know for sure.
Hepatitus B clarification
Hepatitus C Rates
- How Do You Clear Up Dark Marks On Skin In Hiv Patients?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up In Your System?
- Are High Alt And Ast Indicative Of Hiv?
- How Long Does Hiv Live On Surfaces?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.