what adefovir can cause to the embryo

Dear Doctors i ve being taking adefovir about a year and a half , since i developed lamivudine resistance. the results are good, and the test blood are normal. my viral load went from 180.000 copies to now 2.280 copies with HBV DNA QNT PCR ( pg/ml) 0.008 HBV DNA QNT PCR log ( cpy/ml) 3.4 me and my wife want to get in pregnancy, but my doctor dont know what adefovir can cause to the embryo..... and dont wanna do the same mistakes the day i stoped taking lamuvidine waiting for adefovir my viral load went higher.....cause some recomand me to stop taking the adefovir for 3 month... please what can u tell me about it, i assume am not the first one with such a problem. thank you very much, youness

Adefovir is listed as a "category C" drug for pregnant women. That means that the drug should only be used in pregnant women if necessary since there are no studies in pregnant women of this drug.

Studies in rats and rabbits are reassuring, but studies in animals don't always reflect what happens in humans.

As for the male partner, I don't know of any information regarding the concentration of adefovir in sperm. There is a number to call regarding women who are taking adefovir who then become pregnant to register for follow-up. Perhaps your doctor could call on your behalf and get additional information from the company: 1-800-258-4263. Dr. McGovern

RED CROSS LETTER HCV ANTIBODIES
multiple co-infections with no symptons-19 years