Jan 30, 2005
my husband hs elevated 5 nucleotidase r/o hepatobillarty infiltrative disease pt. with hepatoslenomegaly. can he have hiv. no paristes found at this point been in the middle east .
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not pick HIV as my primary concern in your husband. Many different etiologies can cause hepatobiliary disease. He will probably need a liver biopsy or other special studies. He should be followed by a liver specialist. Dr. McGovern
what type of hepatitis does my boyfriend have?
SCARED girl about HCV risks
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bleeding During A Pap Smear
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- Does Hepatitis C Delay Hiv Seroconversion?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.