|Attacked by a HIV/HepC Coinfected Person
Jan 30, 2005
i was recently attacked and biten by someone that has HIV and Hep C. Blood and skin were torn from my arm by this person. I have HIV, not Hep C. What is my risk of becoming coinfected with Hep C. The coinfected person was fighting someone else when he attacked me and i am unaware of him having blood in his mouth
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is only one reported case of hepatitis C transmission from a bite. I would get baseline and follow up testing from your provider to be certain that you did not become infected with HCV. Dr. McGovern
2nd round of pegylated interferon
- Hiv Transmission From Vaginal Fluid During Frottage
- Aids Hiv Myths Facts And Truths
- If You Have Hiv Can You Fight A Cold?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Who Are The Carriers Of Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.