|Attacked by a HIV/HepC Coinfected Person
Jan 30, 2005
i was recently attacked and biten by someone that has HIV and Hep C. Blood and skin were torn from my arm by this person. I have HIV, not Hep C. What is my risk of becoming coinfected with Hep C. The coinfected person was fighting someone else when he attacked me and i am unaware of him having blood in his mouth
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is only one reported case of hepatitis C transmission from a bite. I would get baseline and follow up testing from your provider to be certain that you did not become infected with HCV. Dr. McGovern
2nd round of pegylated interferon
- Mild Flu-like Symptoms And Hiv
- Will A Pap Smear Come Back Abnormal If You Have Hpv?
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacterial Vaginosis?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.