|hep c and tattoos
Jan 30, 2005
I have two tattoos that I got at a reputable shop. I have been reading a lot about hepatitis c and tattoos. I was wondering if I am at high risk for catching this disease
Response from Dr. McGovern
Most tatoo shops follow appropriate use of equipment so that transmission of hepatitis C via this route does not occur. If you are at all concerned about how the tatoo was administered, you can always request baseline testing. However I fully expect your results to be negative, if there are no other risks.
HBV and nitght sweats
- Statistics Of Catching Hiv From A One Night Stand
- Other Names For Hepatitis C
- Chances Of Hiv From Quick Penetration And Pulling Out
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Does A Heat Pad Help Neuropathy?
- Hepatitis C And High Ammonia Levels
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.