Jan 30, 2005
Hello! How long do you have to wait after you get the Hep B vaccine to get pregnant? I have done 2 series and my next one is due in February (I don't have hep b, I work in the health care field)
Thanks a lot!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B vaccines are considered "category C" for pregnant women. There are no data to suggest that it is harmful during pregnancy, but the practice should be avoided unless there is clear cut risk. However, pregnant women who need vaccine because of a specified risk, should get it.
Beyond that there are no data to suggest how soon after the last vaccine you can get pregnant. I would discuss this issue with your own provider since there is no data, as to what he or she would recommend. My own advice would be to wait 6 weeks - this is a pure guess.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.