hep b

Hello! How long do you have to wait after you get the Hep B vaccine to get pregnant? I have done 2 series and my next one is due in February (I don't have hep b, I work in the health care field)

Thanks a lot!

Hepatitis B vaccines are considered "category C" for pregnant women. There are no data to suggest that it is harmful during pregnancy, but the practice should be avoided unless there is clear cut risk. However, pregnant women who need vaccine because of a specified risk, should get it.

Beyond that there are no data to suggest how soon after the last vaccine you can get pregnant. I would discuss this issue with your own provider since there is no data, as to what he or she would recommend. My own advice would be to wait 6 weeks - this is a pure guess.

Dr. McGovern

OCD treatment and hepatitis risk in therapy?
Hep C risks for child