Hep A/B Vaccine reaction?

Dear Doctor:

I have been HIV+ for about 8 years, diagnosed Oct 04. Most recent labs were CD4 of 266 and V/L of 7870 and I am not taking any meds yet. My Doctor recommended Hep A and B vaccines and first shots were administered on Januaty 20th.

The first sign of a rash appeared on my wrist and it looks like poison oak and now it has appeared pimple like on my arm, lower back and behind on of my knees.

The only change in my diet and supplement regiment has been the addition of Shark liver oil extract which I started taking on January 15th. I have stopped taking it once I noticed the rash.

My question is...do you think the rash is a reaction to the Hepatitus vaccines and should I be taking something for it?

Thank you for your time and the Great work that you do.

Joe K.

I don't think the rash you describe is related to the vaccines. I would discuss any supplements you take with your physician so that he or she is aware of all your medications, some of which interfere with the taking of HIV medications and others which can affect the liver.

Dr. McGovern

Diagnosis Confirmed HCV
OCD treatment and hepatitis risk in therapy?