Everyday I'm paranoid about HCV, please help me

I'm so worried about getting HVC. Everyday i find AT LEAST one reason to worry about whether i could have got HVC or not. Eg. getting scratched by someone, brushing up against someone to even whether or not i could have got HVC from inserting my finger in my nose after i had touched the door handle and toilet paper dispenser in a public toilet. I don't like catching public transport incase something happens. I worry about waxing and haircuts etc. EVERYTHING!I'm driving myself insane and it is starting to affect my relationships with people. I even watch where i walk to avoid a steping on a needle etc. During the year i went and got tested just to try and calm down. It didn't really work because as soon as i got home i was worring again. I was clear however. I know your time is valuable, however i would love to hear your advice. How exactly is Hep C transmitted? Are any of the reasons mentioned above anything to worry about? Please help me put my mind at ease so i can move on. Thank you for your time

Hepatitis C is transmitted mainly through exposure to blood as in sharing needles. In the past it was also transmitted from blood transfusions but now the blood supply is tested and is safe. Sexual transmission can occur but is very uncommon. Other patients at risk at those who are on dialysis. Health care workers can also get hepatitis C from an accidental needlestick of a hepatitis C infected patient.

You did the right thing by getting tested, but obviously you did not get any relief of your symptoms of anxiety. At this point I would discuss your feelings with your general practitioner because it is possible that you have extreme and irrational anxiety which may improve with counseling, education, or medications for anxiety.

Dr. McGovern

Curious about my Doctors Advice concerning my Hep C
At risk from blood on kleenex