Curious about my Doctors Advice concerning my Hep C

I am a little concerned and have some questions on my doctors advice and if you think it sounds in order. I tested positive for Hep C when I had a HCV/AB test, then had a PCR RNA Test which showed HCV PCR QN 156000 IU/ML after that I had a biopsy done which was shown to be in the beginning of stage 1 with the Genotype being 1A. I am due to go overseas for work with the project projected to last 1 to 2 years my doctor has said that that I can take the job and come back in a year for a re-evaluation. I do office work and feel completely fine and in good shape and was completly surprised by these original findings of being infected by Hep C.

Also should I be avoiding my vitimins or herbs or if you would recommend taking any vitimins or herbs.

Your advice is appreciated.

I completely concur with your physician.

Your liver biopsy is very mild and you can take treatment at a future date. Hepatitis C progresses over many years.

Taking a multivitamin is fine. Some patients like anti-oxidants also like vitamin E although we do not know if supplements are truly helpful. I would show whatever "over the counter medications" you are taking to your physician since some herbs can be harmful to the liver.

Dr. McGovern

Precore Mutant
Everyday I'm paranoid about HCV, please help me