Jan 30, 2005
I have a friend who uses recreational intraveneous drugs (i.e. heroine). Can she get hepatitis by reusing the same needle over and over even if she does not share it with anyone? I don't think she would share but she might reuse.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If she doesn't share, her risk is zero.
Sharing even once though can certainly lead to hepatitis C. Anyone who has shared needles once should be tested.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.