triple infection HBV, HCV, HIV+

I am coinfected with all of the above. Have never taken any meds for any of the above. I wsa told that the HCV had seemed to "have been cleared by your body", that "you have no HBV activity that we can measure", and "we can't believe that you are still undectable with PCR.RNA.HIV for the last 18 years. And that your CD4 count is still above 800". What's going on here? Is there ANYONE in the freaking WORLD who is like me? I have ALL of the paper work to verify my assertions.

Joe Z.

You are very fortunate indeed.

Many people do clear hepatitis B, but about 75-80 percent become chronic carriers and do not "clear" the virus.

As for HIV, you would be termed a "long-term non-progressor". If there is a university-based hospital near you, your physician could refer you to an HIV research laboratory. It is important to learn from people like you, who have this kind of immune control over HIV so we can better attack the problem of vaccine development.

Dr. McGovern

Reyataz & Jaundice
Fear of Treatment