HCV antibody transmission?

Recently, I was diagnosed as HCV antibody positive, but subsequent tests showed no active infection. My wife has been tested and is negative for HCV antibodies.

Can I transmit the antibodies to my wife? I'm wondering how worried should we be if she shows HCV positive in future blood tests.

Also, can these antibodies be transmitted to a child if decide to have one? Or does the mother need to test positive for there to be a chance of transmittal to a baby?

Thank you!

I would assume that you are hepatitis C antibody positive but do not have "active infection" because virus is not present in your bloodstream.

If you are hepatitis C antibody positive and have no obvious risk factors, you might want to get a confirmatory test to be certain the antibody is a true positive test.

If you do have risk factors for hepatitis C, you are one of the few lucky ones who cleared. This means that you would not be at risk of transmitting the infection to your wife or to anyone else.

Dr. McG

hepititis C and Sex
Hepa Panel Evaluation Follow-up question