|hepititis C and Sex
Jan 26, 2005
My GF was tested positive for Hepitits C for her long usage of Drugs and Alcohol. Her doctor said that this disease in its initial phases.
So i would like to know how likely that this virus will transmit to me through sex. even if no precaution like condoms were used thanks `
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is uncommonly spread through sex between monogamous couples. The risk is about 2 percent if no condoms are used. The risk may be mildly increased in the setting of minor trauma with bleeding.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.