|Hep C Reinfection
Jan 26, 2005
Went thru successful Hep C (2B) treatment ending 6/03 and as of 5/04 still clean but worried re reinfection from husband. Does withdrawal prior to ejaculation constitue safe sex and can I be re-infected via semen with a different strain?
Response from Dr. McGovern
For monogamous couples, the risk of hepatitis C transmission is very low. It is estimated to be about 2 percent. Some studies have suggested that this risk is higher when some minor trauma is involved. If you are anxious about any risk whatsoever, I would recommend condoms. Dr. McGovern
Hep B and test results
Hepa Panel Evaluation
- If You Get Flu Like Symptoms After Sex Is It Hiv?
- Can A Woman Get Hiv If The Man Didn't Come Inside Her?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv From One Time Exposure
- Does A Woman Who Have Hiv Or Aids Get Their Period?
- When To Test For Hiv After Exposure?
- Can You Get Hiv On The First Time You Have Sex With An Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.