|Hep B and test results
Jan 26, 2005
I am a female in her late 20's. I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B in June 2004. December 2004 (6 months later), my test results showed that the Hep B is 'reactive', but stable. What does this mean? Is it now chronic being i have had it for 6 months?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I think you are referring to the "hepatitis B core" is now "reactive". However, it would be helpful if you could let us know the full panel of tests. Is your hepatitis surface antigen positive for example?
Interpretation of hepatitis B tests are complicated and to help you further I will need more information. Get back to us. Dr. McGovern
Hep C Reinfection
- Hydrogen Peroxide And Hiv
- How Rare Is It To Get Hiv Transmitted Through Open Cuts?
- Will A Person That Has Chlamydia Always Have The Disease?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Makes Shingles Flare Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.