Hep B and test results

I am a female in her late 20's. I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B in June 2004. December 2004 (6 months later), my test results showed that the Hep B is 'reactive', but stable. What does this mean? Is it now chronic being i have had it for 6 months?

I think you are referring to the "hepatitis B core" is now "reactive". However, it would be helpful if you could let us know the full panel of tests. Is your hepatitis surface antigen positive for example?

Interpretation of hepatitis B tests are complicated and to help you further I will need more information. Get back to us. Dr. McGovern

Nervous
Hep C Reinfection