Burn/Itch Sensation After Urinating. More likely to spread Hep C?

I am hep c positive.

I have a burning/itching sensation inside my penis after urinating and there are very slight swellings at the tip.

From all my searching the only 2 things i've found that it might be is Trichomoniasis or a yeast infection that i may have gotten from my girlfriend, but neither of these quite fit my symptoms and my girlfriend has hardly any odor at all and no discharges.

I was wondering what this could be...but I am hepititis C positive and my main concern is will this infection or whatever it is cause me to be MORE infectious towards my partner.

Thank you for your time and your help if you could shed some light on either of these questions.

It would be difficult for me to suggest a diagnosis without a full history and physical examination. I would suggest a visit to your primary care provider for an exam and some laboratory testing.

The risk of sexual transmission between monogamous couples is about 2 percent and can be zero with use of condoms. None of the possibilities which come to mind for your current symptoms would lead me to believe that you may transmit hepatitis C more easily.

Dr. McGovern

Urgent Question on treating acute Hep C
Another concern