Urgent: Is my baby safe?
Jan 25, 2005
My dad was just found to have HBsAg and HBc positive, and negative on HBs, HBeAg, and HBe.
Does that mean his HB is active and contagious? What care does he need?
Another big concern is that he is coming to live with us for half an year and we have a 1 year old baby. Even though he already had 3 hepB vaccine shots, we are still worried.
I would really appreciate your help.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis B is only transmittable by blood and sex. It does not sound like your Dad has active HBV. Just be sure if he cuts himself that he is careful with the blood. Welcome him! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.