|Urgent: Is my baby safe?
Jan 25, 2005
My dad was just found to have HBsAg and HBc positive, and negative on HBs, HBeAg, and HBe.
Does that mean his HB is active and contagious? What care does he need?
Another big concern is that he is coming to live with us for half an year and we have a 1 year old baby. Even though he already had 3 hepB vaccine shots, we are still worried.
I would really appreciate your help.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis B is only transmittable by blood and sex. It does not sound like your Dad has active HBV. Just be sure if he cuts himself that he is careful with the blood. Welcome him! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.