Urgent: Is my baby safe?

My dad was just found to have HBsAg and HBc positive, and negative on HBs, HBeAg, and HBe.

Does that mean his HB is active and contagious? What care does he need?

Another big concern is that he is coming to live with us for half an year and we have a 1 year old baby. Even though he already had 3 hepB vaccine shots, we are still worried.

I would really appreciate your help.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis B is only transmittable by blood and sex. It does not sound like your Dad has active HBV. Just be sure if he cuts himself that he is careful with the blood. Welcome him! DTD

HEP C
Injections