how to read HBV results

First of all, I'm from Argentina and my language might not be the most appropiate, anyway, i'll try to ask my question properly. What I want to know is the following: I have just got infected with HBV (a month ago) and now my doctor told my to analize HBeAg, Anti-HBeAg and HBV DNA x PCR (I don't really know what's this last exam for). But what i know is that those exams will show if HBV infection is cronic or not. I have already made them but i'm still waiting for the results, and as i'm quite impatient i would like to understand, before going back to the doctor, how to read them. I mean, if i'll be ill for the rest of my life or if the HBV infection won't longer exist. Let me thank you in advance for the answer you will send me and i'll be waiting for it. Your faithfully, Leandro Guzmán.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

In the beginning or acute phase of HBV the e antigen will be positive and as it clears it will change(hopefully) to e antibody indicating immunity to HBV. The HBV DNA should peak at about 6 weeks and hopefully go away entirely as the infection resolves. It should be all gone in about 6 months. If if does not go away completely, then we have to discuss chronic HBV. The chances are very good that you will clear it about 85 % so take good care of yourself and you should be fine! DTD

Thank you, Good Doctors!
Sexual Transmission of Hep C