Several questions about treatment

My husband is HIV poz and is currently undergoing a second round of treatment of 18 months with Pegasys and co-peg after relapsing with 48 weeks of treatment with Pegintron and Rebetol. He is undetectable. I have a few questions. Is there a chance of a 'cure' the second time around or is it unlikely that the virus will be eradicated? Would another alternative be infergen if this doesn't work? Also, do you think any of this treatment did his liver any good? I'd hate to think it was for nothing. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Both really important questions. You have a very good MD, 18 months is very advanced thinking. There is definitely a chance of a cure the second time around, particularly since he is undetectable now! Great news! The other really important point is that even if you get cured the Pegasys will move the biopsy back at least one stage of fibrosis which will buy him more time. It sets the clock back for years! Lets get him through that and then we can talk about other treatments, although infergen might work . DTD!

3 or 6 months? not sure...
Did I have the right tests? Please help